Theme 3: PartnershipWritten by DfGG Admin
To ensure that the framework is useful for self-assessment and monitoring each step of each path will have a number of measurable progress indicators.
The framework should address the following challenges in a coherent manner:1. What are the necessary characteristics and minimum standards for an effective partnership in Cambodia? What are the benefits and what are the costs?
2. What are the key variables that influence the development of a partnership?
a. What are the logical historical steps?
b. What are the type of goods that can result from a partnership? (common good, private good, public good)
c. How can incentives and costs involved for the partners be identified?
d. What types of partners exist? (Homogenous interest group, representative NGO/CSO, Government service provider, etc.)
e. How even should the contribution and risk of each partner be?
f. As a result of these factors, can partnerships be divided into specific types?
3. What are the necessary contextual conditions for a partnership to succeed?
4. How can the best pathway be established on the basis of these contextual conditions or the circumstances in which the partnership is established?
5. What other actors could and should be brought to the table to make a partnership effective? How can such actors be identified? What are the risks?
6. What type of interventions are possible (recommended) to foster partnerships? At what stage of the partnership development path should these interventions be planned?
7. What type of policy support is necessary to stimulate partnerships and influence the context?
8. What is the SWAT for each of types of partnership? Which type is more efficient, effective, quick gains, long term benefits?
9. What would be the total budget and nation-wide time line to put in place a policy for the fostering of partnerships?